We have two computers in the house (and two Day Z "accounts"). On one of these computers, it is not possible to save items past a certain point in my inventory. After playing around with it for far too long, it seems that once I pick up more than one pistol magazine (or possibly bandage), my inventory becomes "stuck" such that any additional stuff I get disappears when I logout and any items I consume re-appear on login. My health and location save as expected. Dying clears the condition, but new characters run into the same problem.
On the second computer, Day Z works perfectly for both accounts. In other words, the character whose inventory is stuck on one PC has no problem collecting things on the other PC. This fact makes me think I can do something about it rather than chalking it up to a buggy alpha. Here's what I've tried:
- lots of different servers
- updating the game, including the latest 126.96.36.199/95417 beta
- "verify integrity" of the Steam downloads several times (this is what I use to switch accounts)
- I bought a third Arma key, and a fresh character under that key had exactly the same problem (again only on the buggy computer)
- deleted everything Arma/DayZ-related I could find and reinstalled
- waiting several minutes on the server before logging off (thinking it might only save my game periodically or something)
One more bit of info: on the buggy computer, my character seems to get "desynced" often such that my friends think I'm stuck in one place when I'm actually far away. Both computers share an Internet connection, so it doesn't seem to be typical lag.
Needless to say this was very frustrating the first couple times it happened. Does anyone have an idea as to what might be wrong?