If I'm in a memory inside the Animus (i.e. playing the game) and I want to quit the game completely, it seems like I have to follow this sequence of operations:-
- Pause the game
- Select 'Exit Memory'
- Wait for the game to load the lab, with me inside the Animus user interface, then select 'Exit Animus'
- While it's doing the animation for leaving the Animus, pause the game again
- Select 'Exit game' and confirm
- Wait for the title screen to load again
- Select a profile from the menu
- Select 'Exit'
Then the program exits completely. It seems implausible that the developers thought this was user-friendly, so is there a more direct way of leaving the program (and getting back to the Windows desktop) from inside a memory?