I prefer spending most of time in Minecraft hidden underground. I would like to build an underground wheat farm that fits the following criteria:
- Can be built entirely in a hollowed-out, underground room
- All of the crops have enough light and water that they can grow as fast as possible
- It is impossible -- or at least excessively difficult -- to accidentally destroy part of it (eg. knocking down torches)
- Mobs cannot spawn anywhere in it
- It is possible to continuously walk through it, holding down one of the mouse buttons and quickly chop down all of the crops and replant them (not at the same time, of course)
- Bonus points if there is any sort of mechanical means of collecting the wheat!
How would I build an underground farm that met this criteria?