Ever since 1.04 came out, I've managed to desync the game twice. I'm not 100% sure what I did to cause it in the first place, but when it happens, it looks like this:
- Unable to die. The damage I take is fairly significant, but my life never hits 0. I don't die.
- Unable to move. This is like the previous de-sync issue, where you'd rubberband once you got a certain distance away from the de-sync point, and then you'd be fine. But now, the distance is point blank, and moving away doesn't resolve the issue. So it looks like massive stutter when I move.
- Can't be seen. I'm entirely invisible. Anything that effects me shows the various effects where I'm supposed to be, but I can't see myself at all. I still take damage normally, though.
- Can't attack. Shift-clicking does nothing, attacking anything that's close enough to hit does no damage.
- Can't use special abilities. It's like it doesn't register that I'm using special abilities.
- Can't use Town Portal. Same as special abilities; it's like it doesn't register at all.
- Buffs continue to countdown. I can't refresh them (see special abilities above), but they continue to count down as usual.
My usual fix for desyncing is to move far enough away from the point to allow the server to resync me. But, I can't move at all; the rubberbanding just dumps me right back, without resyncing properly. In those cases, I use Dashing Strike to fix the issue. But special abilities are out entirely, too.
The only way I know of to fix this is to leave my game. This is not really fun, as I'll lose my valor stacks when I do so.
If anyone has a technique or way to resolve this that doesn't involve leaving the game, please let me know.