I am having extreme frame drop issues when recording Minecraft with Fraps. I can record any other game just fine at 60fps and 1080p. Minecraft will normally run at 120+ fps, but when I record, it drops down to ~25. It doesn't matter if I change the recording resolution or what, I keep getting horrible FPS when recording Minecraft.
Here are my PC specs:
- AMD Phenom II X4 965 OC'd@ 3.68Ghz (Liquid cooled)
- Radeon HD 6870 CrossfireX (Disabling XFire doesn't help)
- 16Gb DDR3 RAM @ 1666Mhz (4Gb allocated to MC)
- 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (This is what I record to)
- 128GB Samsung 830 SSD (This is what my OS and MC run on)
As you can see, my PC is no crappy computer, this is why I'm so frustrated with my Fraps issues. Please Help!
Yes I do have optifine.
So after defragging my disc, I was able to get Fraps up to 40 FPS. I feel like I should be able to get up to 60 though...