I've been experiencing a crash on startup with my copy of Borderlands 2 through Steam. It all started when I had to forcibly restart my computer while Borderlands 2 was open (note: the restart was required by a non-game related issue).
When attempting to launch the game again, I got a fatal error with a Windows AppCrash message and a stack trace in the image below. I've also got some memory dump files I can post if someone thinks they'd be useful.
- Windows 7 x64
- Sandy Bridge 2500K
- 2GB Radeon 6950
Things I've Tried
- Verifying Borderlands 2's cache
- Uninstalling and reinstalling Borderlands 2
- Uninstalling Borderlands 2, clearing all registry entries containing
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2, uninstalling Steam, reinstalling Steam, reinstalling borderlands.
- Check all audio drivers for updates
- Uninstall and reinstall all audio device drivers
At this point, I'm worried my only course of action will be to reinstall Windows, which I'm not incredibly keen on. I've also emailed 2K and Gearbox support, but in the meantime I'm hoping someone has seen this same problem and found a less drastic solution than reinstalling Windows.