This problem has been bugging me for the best part of half a year now, resulting in me not being able to play one of my favourite games. It all happened around the time I got the DLC for Fall Of The Samurai.
- Click on icon to launch Total War Shogun 2 in Steam
- Game asks to start in Direct X mode (Dx9 or Dx10 is enabled)
- Select either one and the game loads to the Loading / Legal screen.
- Wait for 10 minutes and the game is still on that screen.
- Ctrl+Alt+Del to desktop and see that "Shogun 2 is not responding" in task manager.
Computer Specs (DxDiag)
Things I have tried
- Updated Sound and Graphics drivers
- Updated BIOS for motherboard to latest version (1.2)
- Reinstalled Shogun 2 on steam
- Verified Game integrity on steam
- Changed graphics cards
- Searched Registry for "Incredibar" malware , not found on system
- Disabled SLI on Nvidia control panel
All of these have not solved my problem.
I am really running out of ideas what to do here. It makes no sense why this does not work.
Any help would be appreciated!