I just started playing Killing Floor on my Desktop, then I moved over to playing it on my laptop. I was pretty happy to see that my progress was transfered over automatically to my laptop when I installed it via Steam.
The problem is that it doesn't seem like I'm ever gaining any experience. For example in one game I was playing online and gained level 3 Medic. At the end of the game, I left the server and joined a new one to find I was only level 2 Medic.
I noticed the same thing happening when I was playing a Solo game. What's going on here?
Edit: So far I've tried:
- Verifying the game cache files in Steam.
- When that didn't work, I tried reinstalling the game.
- There are no mutators on, and I'm playing on KF-Manor, KF-WestLondon, KF-Farm
- I've tried multiple servers online, and solo games.
- The Desktop was running Windows, my laptop is running OSX.
Edit 2: I just noticed that at the end of one solo game my stats have improved, but by the time the next map loads they have reset. This is the same for multiplayer games.