Sign up ×
Arqade is a question and answer site for passionate videogamers on all platforms. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I know that I can transfer licenses between Xbox 360 consoles (say, if replacing a broken console), but is there any way to transfer (permanently move) licenses/ownership from one gamertag to another (say, when retiring a gamertag)?

share|improve this question

2 Answers 2

up vote 6 down vote accepted

You can not transfer the license of content you purchased to another account. You can, however, set content you've purchased to be accessible by other profiles on another Xbox (possibly what you're already aware of).

See here for details:

And another link I found:

share|improve this answer

Actually, you can transfer it to another account! It's easy: you need to create your new account and then call Microsoft and they will help you transfer your licenses to the new account.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.