My gemcrafter locked himself inside of his workshop for a suspiciously long time. Eventually, he became "missing" and his yet-to-be-discovered corpse was releasing clouds of miasma. There are plenty of factors that could have caused this, but i will trt to add the ones i think have caused this:
- He was working with Rough Onyx. (but never actually got started)
- He was not assigned to any burrows.
- He was "content".
- He had an assigned bedroom.
- He was NOT in any strange mood.
- The fort was not in lack of food, water or booze.
Note 1: I recently discovered his corpse (although it was visible that it was still in the gem workshop. The fact that it was "dehydrated" probably explains the miasma). So, why would my r gemcrafter isolate himself inside of his workshop?
His workshop layout:
WWWWWWW W...ppW W...pp W...ppW WWWWWWW
p = gem stockpile (was full that time) W = Wall . = workshop tile