I'm getting seriously confused with this. I don't own an Xbox, but I have started to play games on Steam a lot more, and some of them really need a controller. The Xbox one seems to be the "officially supported" one, or at least recommended one.
Trouble is, there seem to be so many different versions of the damn things! And Microsoft's websites are useless and won't even provide product model numbers.
I have the following questions:
- What's the difference between the Xbox and Windows versions?
- What's the difference between wired and wireless (seems obvious, but...)
- Can I the Xbox wired controller on Windows?
- What about the wireless one? Do I need an adapter? Is this all the Windows one is, an Xbox one with a bundled adapter?
- There seems be loads of different generations. Is this just for Xbox ones, or the same with Windows ones? How do you tell the difference? Is it important?
- Is the headset thing available on all? What's it for, can I plug in headphone to play all audio output through them? Or is it just a mono thing for chat only? If so, is it pointless to get a headset if you have a bluetooth headset anyway, or will I have to use the controller adapter?
So to have so many questions, I can't think of a way of phrasing it better.