Obviously being out in the open, exposed, or making sound by running or sprinting will negatively affect stealth.
- How do enemies detect by light?
- Does being in shadow or nighttime matter?
- Does your flashlight affect stealth?
The handbook says hiding in foliage makes you less visible. Do you actually need to keep leaves/branches/stalks in between you and the enemy, or can you just find a big fern and crouch near it?
There seem to be a lot of boxes, crates, low fences, and other cover which is almost high enough to cover you, except you can just see over it, even crouched. Is this considered hidden or not?
Does being on a different level (1 floor up or down) from an enemy affect your chances to be seen?
- How does the enemy 'alerted' behavior work (affect their vision and ability to spot you)?
- Are they more likely to look up and down or do they just look at the spot where they last thought you were? They seem more likely to see you in foliage as well.
- Are enemies alerted forever? (i.e. If they detected you, will they be permanently be on alert for you, or will they go back to their previous routine once you have been out of their sight for some time)
- How do enemies detect by movement sound (when you are not in their vision)?
- Will walking or crouch walking lessen sound (compared to sprinting)?
- Do 'noisier' floor attract more attention, when you walk/sprint on them? (e.g. walking on a 'noisy' metal floor, compared to walking on grass)
Does difficulty level affect stealth?
Anything else affect your likelihood of getting spotted?