I've run into a headache setting up a Minecraft server (using the FTB modpack). Having set up a sweet open air spawn-jail and moved the spawn point into it (using MCedit), I started hitting things as a non-op and noticed that the default spawn protection of 16 blocks radius wasn't enough to keep people from messing up the lawn, so I set it to 42 blocks in the
Now spawn-protection seems to be entirely disabled for non-op players, which I thought wasn't possible! Changing it back to
spawn-protection=16 doesn't restore spawn protection either. Why isn't spawn-protection working on my server?
Details and proactively answering likely questions:
- The spawn protection was absolutely working before I messed with the
- I have restarted the server every time I've changed the file.
- I have tried breaking blocks both with an account that was opped + Creative Mode before but deopped + Survival Mode to test, as well as with another account that was never opped or switched from Survival.
- The spawn point is legal according to MCedit.
- Running Feed The Beast BETA Modpack A v12 (which means Minecraft 1.4.2)
- The spawn jail looks like this (the spawn point is in the middle of the third floor, which is the top row of windows):
#Minecraft server properties #Wed Dec 19 12:39:24 PST 2012 generator-settings= allow-nether=true level-name=FTB-Beta-A enable-query=false allow-flight=false server-port=25565 level-type=DEFAULT enable-rcon=false level-seed= server-ip= max-build-height=256 spawn-npcs=true white-list=false spawn-animals=true snooper-enabled=true hardcore=false texture-pack= online-mode=true pvp=false difficulty=3 gamemode=0 max-players=25 spawn-monsters=true generate-structures=true view-distance=10 spawn-protection=16 motd=Minecraft With Friends