In attempting to copy some games to another console for playing away from home, I've discovered that some of my Mass Effect Trilogy save data is "Copy Prohibited" and cannot be copied to a USB drive. The only way to transfer it is via PlayStation Plus.
I have data from both Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 that I'm concerned with:
- Mass Effect 1 Profile: Copy Prohibited
- Mass Effect 1 Playthrough Records: Copy Prohibited
- Mass Effect 1 Saved Game: Copy Prohibited
- Mass Effect 2 Profile: Copy Prohibited
- Mass Effect 2 Saved Game: Free
As you can see, the only data that can be copied outside of PlayStation Plus is the Saved Game from Mass Effect 2. For the time being, I've resigned myself to signing up for PlayStation Plus so that I can transfer this data. However, I then discovered that "Copy Prohibited" data cannot be downloaded onto another system until 24 hours after its most recent upload. While I can wait for that time period to expire before playing, I'd rather not.
So, I'd like to know:
- Will I be able to play my Mass Effect 2 saved game without downloading the Mass Effect 2 Profile or any of the Mass Effect 1 data?
- If so, what will I be missing by not having the "Copy Prohibited" data?