In this video, the owner discusses the situations in which “stunlocking” is possible in GW2. For the purposes of this discussion, I use the term “stunlock” to mean any control-oriented CC that causes the target to lose the ability to take action – e.g. stuns, knockdowns, knockbacks, fear, etc.
In a nutshell, in order for Player A to chain CC (Crowd Control) Player B, the following things must be true:
Player A must spec for multiple CCs and chain them together
Player B doesn’t have the appropriate immunity (e.g. via Stability for control CCs) or relevant stun breaker available
Note that movement-related conditions such as snares (via cripple or chill) and roots can be removed via condition removal.
How CC is Balanced:
ArenaNet balanced CCs in this game with the following design decisions:
- Majority of CCs have a short duration (1-2 seconds)
- The cooldown on CC abilities tend to be significant (15+ seconds)
- The number of CC abilities is limited
- The weapon sets that have multiple CC abilities tend to deal below-average damage
- Players can opt to spec for Stability
- Players can opt to spec for stun breaker(s) and condition removal
Video Demonstration with Comentaries:
Hit this link for the full video with comentaries
The warrior of this video is running a “Captain Hammer” Warrior build.