Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress is a tile based, real time strategy, city building, and adventure game for one player by Bay 12 Games developer Tarn Adams. It focuses on player control and dynamically generated game elements. The game is playable on PC, under Windows (XP+), Mac (OSX), and Linux (Most distros, contains a text only mode). Most game content is procedurally generated and the game is highly moddable.
It features three modes:
- Fortress Mode (real time strategy, city building)
- Adventure Mode (adventure/roguelike)
- Legends (read only view of generated history)
- Dwarf Fortress Character and Graphics Sets
- How should I learn to play Dwarf Fortress?
- My dwarf is in a strange mood. How can I fix him?
- What does Remv Cre stand for?
- How can I tell which layers there are in an in-progress fortress in Dwarf Fortress?
- Why have I been forgotten by everyone?