Terrans have several unique features.
- SCVs can build Terran structures on any flat ground (barring creep).
- Many Terran structures can lift off and fly to a new location.
- All structures and mechanical units can be repaired by SCVs.
- SCVs must participate in constructing a building until it is complete.
- Many buildings support stationary add-on structures. By lifting off and landing, structures may swap add-ons.
- Command Centers have two options for upgrade. The Planetary Fortress has additional offensive and defensive capabilities. The Orbital Command allows the use of MULEs and scans.
- Supply depots can be raised and lowered to allow or deny passage.