What topics can I ask about here?
Arqade is for passionate videogamers from all platforms, including consoles, computers, handhelds, and mobile devices. If your question generally covers things such as …
- Gameplay strategies and tactics
- Puzzle solving or obstacle clearing
- Game mechanics and terminology
- Plot and characters in games
- Game-specific hardware and utilities
…then you are in the right place to ask your question!
Please note, however, that site policies prohibit questions of the following types:
- Game and Mod Development (try the Game Development Stack Exchange instead)
- Speculative questions about developer intent, with respect to both mechanics and narrative
- Requests for game identification based on personal recollection alone. See What are the requirements for asking a game identification question?
- Catalogues (listing games that fit specific criteria or are like an existing game)
- Shopping advice and recommendations
- Speculation of the future of the industry and of upcoming releases
- Piracy, and support with pirated games.
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Arqade, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.