What topics can I ask about here?
Arqade is for passionate videogamers from all platforms, including consoles, computers, handhelds, and mobile devices. If your question generally covers things such as …
- Gameplay strategies and tactics
- Puzzle solving or obstacle clearing
- Game mechanics and terminology
- Plot and characters in games
- Game-specific hardware and utilities
…then you are in the right place to ask your question!
Please note, however, that site policies prohibit questions of the following types:
- Game and Mod Development (try the Game Development Stack Exchange instead)
- Speculations on future of the industry, upcoming (but unreleased) games or content, and developer intent on mechanics and narrative
- Requests for game identification based on personal recollection alone. Read here for more information on the close reason, and read here for some helpful tips on how to identify a game when we can't help.
- Recommendations for software, hardware, games, or genres. See My request for recommendations was closed as off-topic. Where can I ask for help instead?
- Piracy, and support with pirated games
- Troubleshooting and diagnosis of modded Minecraft, including crashes, startup errors or other abnormal behaviour caused by modding. See Where can I ask technical troubleshooting questions about modded Minecraft?
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Arqade, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.