So a few weeks ago, I was playing BF3 as usual when everything suddenly stopped moving, everything froze and the game was shut down. I also got a blank error message on Battlelog which did not help anything. I thought it was strange, but did not think much of it and instead went on to a different server, however, I noticed that when I flew jets (among other things), it felt like I hit something every five seconds, making it difficult to aim straight. Also the knife animation lags a lot. I have tried different servers, but it's the same everywhere even though I have a ping of around 60 ms.
Yesterday I decided to install BFBC2 again as I miss the feeling of the game in BF3, I saw that the I had same problem there, even BF 1942 when I tested it. I figured that it probably was something wrong with Origin, since I can play other online games without problems. So I re-installed Origin and removed all folders related with it and then installed it again, but without success.
Have also contacted EA support where they could not do much to help me.
Here is a small list of what I have tried:
- Re-installed Origin.
- Re-installed BF3.
- Re-installed Battlelog plugin.
- Opened all ports for BF3 in the router.
- Tried to change the "Network smoothing factor" in BF3.
- Installed the latest network and video drivers.
- Re-started the router.
- Tested other games (which is not on Origin) which seems to work really well.
- Tested BF3 single player, which works without problems, this should also rule out a problem with my hardware.
Here is also a short video of when it lags:
Does anyone have similar problems or a solution?