Maya / the Siren's Chain Reaction skill under the Cataclysm skill tree is described as:
While you have an enemy Phaselocked all of your shots that hit enemies have a chance to ricochet and hit another nearby enemy. Chain Reaction only works with bullets.
What are considered "bullets" by the game?
- Will Chain Reaction work with Shotgun ammunition? (The "Chain Reaction" article on the Borderlands wiki states that "...using guns that can fire multiple bullets at a time, such as shotguns, can result in multiple ricochets at once.") Does this mean that Shotgun ammo are counted as bullets for the sake of the Chain Reaction skill?
- What about Torgue weapons that shoot Gyrojet projectiles or folding fin rockets?
- Thrown (reloaded) Tediore weapons?
- Unique weapons with weird projectiles (like the Sand Hawk and the Unkempt Harold)?
- Legendary weapons that have bouncing or already ricocheting projectiles (e.g. Conference Call, Madhous!)?
- E-tech weapons (especially the SMGs [Plasma Casters])?
- Grenades that shoot bullets (Bouncing Betty grenades)?
Which other weapons or ammo types won't work with Chain Reaction (or will work weirdly with it)?