I finished Playthrough 1 at around Level 36. I noticed that the enemies I find are now very easy to kill, meaning they didn't level up (or hit a level cap). I decided to started Playthrough 2 to fight higher level enemies and play the DLCs. I went to Jakobs Cove ('The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned' DLC) and found out that the enemies are at least level 42. I couldn't even get to the first objective without being eaten by zombies.
I noticed a similar thing in Playthrough 1 too: some missions and the enemies I encounter in those missions are of a higher level that what my current level is, making those missions a bit challenging until I level up.
So, for each of the playthrough modes, what factors determine enemy levels?
Specifically, I would like to know:
- I've played Borderlands 2 before Borderlands 1. How similar is Borderlands 2's enemy leveling system compared to Borderlands 1?
- Are enemy levels affected by what level a character accepted a mission? (Similar to Borderlands 2?)
- How does Playthrough 1, 2 and 2.5 affect enemy levels?
- Are there fixed enemy levels on specific areas or missions? What are the level requirements for an area or mission for each of the playthrough modes?
- Any enemy leveling differences specific to the DLCs areas or missions?