Help my Xbox wont load and keeps saying error 71 how do i fix this? iv tried taking the hardrive of and putting it back on, blowing into it i don't know what else to do.
closed as unclear what you're asking by XXX, Schism, Kappei, kotekzot, MBraedley Jun 28 '13 at 17:06
Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
I did a search and this came up, I hope it helps.
E71: Dashboard Error - Error within Xam.xex: possibly a dashboard update error, Check below in the "Console Reset Codes" for instructions. If that does not work there is no other solution and the console must be sent back to MS for repair.
Console Reset Codes
Clear All Installed Game Updates and Console Cache
- Go to the "system" blade
- Select "memory"
- Press Y on the HD symbol
- Press X,X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X
- A message will appear saying: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"
- Select Yes
After more research, I saw that another of the possible solutions to this problem can be solved with the hard drive:
- Turn off the console
- Disconnect all accessories (including video cables, network cable and any USB devices.)
- Remove the hard drive
- Reconnect all accessories
- Connect the console (with the hard drive still disconnected) If these steps do not resolve the problem, I think you need to request a repair.
in Xbox Support