I have downloaded everything I need and forced a download, but I dont know how to get 1.6.1 on my minecraft account? Please Help!
Quick tips about the launcher
- You do not need to re-purchase Minecraft to use the new game launcher.
- The new launcher is required in order to play Minecraft version 1.6 and any future updates. The old launcher will not update past version 1.5.2.
- The program is self-updating, so we won't require another manual download in the future.
- The interface is still in an early version, and will continue to receive updates to improve its look.
- You can still play Minecraft version 1.5.2 using the old launcher, which you can download from minecraft.net/download
- Support for multiple Minecraft usernames per Mojang account is included in the launcher, but is not yet enabled in Mojang accounts.
- You will always be able to access singleplayer content while offline. However, in the new launcher, you must actually be offline, or else the launcher will continue to try to contact the login servers.
If you've saved your login information on the old launcher, and cannot recall your password, visit our password change article, or contact customer support. Issues with the launcher can be reported on the bug tracker.