I like horses a lot. I want to make some stables, so I can keep my horses in there, but how do I keep the horses in a single pen and not wandering around on the lead? What do I need build to keep the horses in place and to stop them from escaping?
You should build a pen with fences, or make a barn with separate stalls. The exit would be a fence gate and the walls could either be 2 fences high or 3 block high walls. You could then open the fence gate and use a lead to bring them to the desired location and back again (unless you have a saddle, in which case you could obviously ride the horse to and from the desired location).
I found a solution. while testing out Timtech's idea I found that horses could go over a single fence. I doubled that. So with a two fence tall wall surrounding the horse I then added two trapdoors. These could be opened by hand on the horse. When reentering the stall the horse would step on two pressure plates. This closes the gate so I could tie up my horse and he wouldn't escape.
- Animals despawn if that can't move at least 20 blocks in any direction so make large stalls or stalls leading out to a fenced in pasture!
- I've never had any problems with horses jumping 1 post tall fences. If I'm riding a horse, I want to be able to jump the fence with it because they don't fit through gates.
- I recommend at least 1 hay bale per stall (so the horse can heal).
- It's always fun to have a racetrack or jumping arena.
- As Sylvia said, it's good to have a tack/feed room with chests of saddles, feed, etc.
- It's good to have a corral for new horses that don't have stalls yet.
- Have an anvil and name tags, or just plain signs, to put the names of the horses on.
- Have leads and fences around to tie horses up so they don't get lost. They aren't like dogs. They don't follow you, saddle or no saddle.
- If you plan on riding horses into their stalls, make sure the roof is high enough that you don't hit your head.
- And most of all, make your stable unique!!!!
In a horse stable u should have the basics (stalls.) u could also add things like hay and water or a pen on the out side of the stall/ a pasture with other horses so they can roam free in that pasture. Also it is a good Idea to have a tack room or a loft to store hay, feed, and saddles. Around my stable I have a couple of post to tie my horse up to. And I also have a couple of pens to put new horses in. Also I have some opsticles for my horse to jump over for fun or just or to test the height the horse can jump. Hope this helped!
I just built them with fences and gates and I put some hay and water inside each stall. ;-)
protected by Wipqozn♦ Mar 4 '18 at 15:13
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?