In Payday 2 there is a set of weapons and skills that you can get to improve certain aspects of their usage. What I can not find however is which weapons the skills affect and if there is any overlap. Some of the weapons are easy to tell, like the SMGs. But the rest seem like they could fall into two groups.
The skills break down as such:
- Equilibrium - Pistol
- Gunslinger - Pistol
- Kilmer - Assault Rifles
- Leadership - Pistols and All Weapons when Aced
- Shotgun Impact - Shotgun
- Shotgun CQB - Shotgun
- Hard Boiled - Shotgun and All Weapons when Aced
- Overkill - Shotgun, Saw and All Weapons when Aced
- Rifleman - Assault Rifles
- Sharpshooter - Single Shot Weapons and All Rifles when Aced
- Mag Plus - All Weapons
- Silent Killer - All Silenced Weapons
- The Professional - All Silenced Weapons
There are some of these that are obvious. What I am wondering though is about cross over. Are the single shot shotguns considered Single Shot weapons for the 'Unlocking the Sharpshooter' skill? Do pistols that are single shot count as single shot weapons? Is the M308 a single shot weapon only or will it gain the benefits of skills like Kilmer and Rifleman that affect assault rifles?