I have a PC running Windows 7. I installed and play Age of Mythology and its expansion, the Titans. Since the computer I have is much, much more advanced than even the maximum supported graphics settings in AoM, and I often multitask, I want to run it in windowed mode.
As it is, the game runs in the center of the screen at the resolution I select, surrounded by a black border.
I have tried the following:
- Checking the "Windowed mode" box in the game's settings
- Hitting ALT-Enter while in the game
- Creating a shortcut and adding "-w" and "-windowed"
- Running it from the command line using "-w" and "-windowed"
- Running it in every available compatibility mode
None of these had the slightest effect, except ALT-Enter, which causes a momentary flicker during which I can see the outline of the window and the minimize/maximize/kill buttons in the top right.
Is there anything else I can do, or is it simply not possible? If not, can anyone tell me specifically why, in case it is a problem I can create a workaround for?