I just started a new game as Mainz. I got granted the title "Legatus Natus" immediately after game start by a national event.
We have long been honored with being the Pope's representative - Legatus Natus - north of the Alps. Such a prestigious title demands a certain level of dignity and we can not let our prestige or our relations with the Pope drop too low.
However, just a few days later (maybe 2 or 3) the pope decided he made a mistake and revoked the title again (also through an event).
The prestigious position as Legatus Natus can only be held by a Catholic bishop in the Holy Roman Empire. As we no longer meet this requirement, the Pope has revoked the title.
What the ...?
Here are the facts:
- I seem to fulfill all criteria:
- in the HRE
- My reputation is very low, but that's because it started that way. Not much I could do about it within 2 days.
- I haven't done anything in the game yet but accept an alliance with Württemberg.
So here my questions:
- Is this a bug? What could have cause me to lose Legatus Natus this quickly?
- What can I do to keep the title?
- If nothing (which would be rather dumb), what can I do to regain the title?
Addition: The exact same thing happens with "Primas Germaniae". Mainz gets it and loses it right away.