me and my friends just bought Diablo 3 for the Xbox 360. We played for a couple of hours in co-op mode (3 players).
One of my friends, who supposedly knew more than the rest of us about the game, told us that in co-op mode all exp and money gained from killing monsters is automatically shared among all party members.
After a few hours of play though, we started doubting that this was not true. Money and loot for starters are individual (leading to an annoying grab-fest every time a boss dies). We still haven't figured out the exp part, and they refuse to quit our grinding for a little bit in order to experiment and find out, so I'm asking you guys to help me clarify:
1) Is exp divided evenly each time an enemy is killed?
2) If not, does the player who dealt the killing blow gain more experience?
3) Is experience gain in any way related to the amount of damage dealt?
4) Do I get exp for every monster killed by the party or only for the one I hit at least once?
5) Do I still get exp while dead (and waiting to be revived)?
6) Do I get experience from special finds (i.e. books, scrolls, etc.) or does it only go to the character who activated the item?
7) Is quest exp shared evenly among party members, or is there a way to get more exp than the others from a quest?
8) Do items that increase exp gain only affect myself or also the other party members?
Thank you for your answers =D