There are 7 types of Mulch, 6 inherited from previous generations with 1 new type.
- Boost Mulch - Increases number of Berries harvested if you water carefully
- Damp Mulch - Soil dries more slowly but Berry growth rate is reduced
- Gooey Mulch - Increases chance a Berry tree will grow if the previous tree withered
- Growth Mulch - Increase Berry growth rate but soil dries more quickly
- Rich Mulch - Increases number of Berries harvested regardless of watering
- Stable Mulch - Berries stay on the tree for longer
- Surprise Mulch - Allows mutations based on nearby Berry trees
Currently, there is little more than anecdotal evidence for which Berries create which Mulch. I personally have used Oran, Oran, Oran to get Surprise Mulch and Sitrus, Iapapa, Aguav to make Rich Mulch.
Surprise Mulch is a newcomer to the Mulch scene. Depending on what Berry trees are nearby, you might see a completely different type of Berry on your tree. Usually only one Berry is converted to the different type so don't worry about losing that one Berry you have when you plant it on Surprise Mulch.
Currrent known mutations:
- Aspear + Leppa = Hondew
- Chesto + Persim = Kelpsy
- Iapapa + Mago = Pomeg
- Oran + Pecha = Qualot
- Sitrus + Lum = Tamato
- Hondew + Yache = Petaya