I am playing Minecraft 1.7.4 and just registered the full version of Bandicam. Everything was fine until I noticed my FPS had dropped from an average of 200 to never going above 60. I noticed Bandicam was still open so I switched it off and reset Minecraft but the FPS still averages 55 to 60 even on other worlds and servers. I also tried restarting my computer and opening the game but that didn't do anything. How can I fix this FPS problem?

  • just stabbing in the air but maybe your graphic card was set to vsync mode which forces fps that matches your monitor. this should be adjustable in the controlcenter (software) of the card – Wandang Dec 26 '13 at 0:37
  • @Wandang I don't think this is the issue because my fps was fine until installing bandicam – EthanBaconGaming Dec 26 '13 at 1:33
  • Do you have a 120Hz monitor? 60 FPS is exactly the right number of FPS you need otherwise. – kotekzot Dec 26 '13 at 7:01
  • I am not sure what monitor I have but my average FPS before getting Bandicam was 200 – EthanBaconGaming Dec 26 '13 at 13:24

Bandicam should not be limiting your framerate while it is not in use. In Minecraft go to Options -> Video settings to make sure that VSync is "Off" and that Max Framerate is "Unlimited".

enter image description here

I doubt it will be having an effect if you're sure you've closed it, but you can also check the framerate limit in Bandicam in the FPS tab:

enter image description here

In the end there's not much reason to go higher than 60FPS, but these are the things that will likely be limiting it.


Check that the game is set to max performance mode in the settings.


Try using fps_override 101 and gl_vsync 0.


This is usually a problem on Windows 8. Windows is trying to make room for other programs. Check if VSync is on and turn it OFF.


Turn off VSync and that will no longer limit your fps :)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.