Are there any type of generated structures, such as dungeons, witch huts, temples, villages or caves, in Minecraft Pocket Edition? I'm asking especially about version 0.8.1 alpha.
Now, with the recent 0.9.0 update, yes, there are generated structures. These include,
- Villages, do note, villagers are not able to be traded with.
- Mineshafts, which often come with goodies in minecarts. Watch out for spider spawners though.
- Stongholds, do note, strongholds are just there to be there, the end and nether are not in the game yet.
- Dungeons, which can spawn a variety of monsters, including, creepers, skeletons, zombies.
- Temples, temples spawn in deserts and jungles, and both contain dangerous traps, but with goodies loaded inside.
Hope this helps!
No. As of version 0.8.1 alpha, there are no generated structures of any kind in Pocket Edition. According to the Minecraft Wiki, generated structures are planned for 0.9.0 alpha.