Okay, I have the following:
- PS2 memory cards with saves from PS2
- PS2 memory card adapter for PS3
- PS3 which can read those files
- No PS2 or fat PS3 anymore, which is why I use...
- PCSX2 emulator which I want to be able to access those files
Now, I would have thought this would make copying PS2 save files to my PC in a format PCSX2 can read would be a simple task, but apparently not. I haven't found PC drivers for the PS2 card adapter (amazingly, it's USB and it seems prime for hacking), so instead I copied over the PS2 saves from the PS3 onto a thumbstick as .PSV files.
I found a utility called PSV Exporter which eats PSV Files and spits out...other files I don't really know what to do with. I also have MyMC and PS2 Save Builder which are supposed to operate on PS2 save files, but neither seems to know what to do with the files output by PSV exporter.
So, given my equipment or a simply a PSV file, what software do I need to copy my "real" PS2 saves into some format PCSX2 can read?