I have been following this tutorial to make my own TF2 server. And have gotten to video Sechs (six), and I have tried to connect to my own server by going to the server browser in TF2, but it says there are no servers on [my] current network. Everything has worked exactly as AVeryPatientPlayer said it should, except I cannot connect to my own server.
- Port Forwarded 27015 (I don't need to DMZ, since I have just one router; but this should affect me connecting to it on LAN)(Forcing the server to start on 25565 which has worked in the past for my MC server didn't change a thing)
- Done everything as the guy in the tutorial says I should.
- Made sure that I am using my ethernet IPv4 for everything, making sure not to use my wireless- even turning it off
- Added the sample server.cfg that is shown at the bottom of the tutorial page and changed a few values, such as server name and RCOn password.
- Added a custom mapcycle.txt
I have not:
- Installed any mods aside from SouceMod and MetaMod as in the tutorial
- Been able to find it on TF2's server browser "LAN" tab.
What first hinted to this problem for me (and why I decided to test connecting to it) is that every time during the tutorials, AVPP goes to his server "console" tab it says something about connected and the public IP. I looked at mine and it was just blank. It did respond when I typed in the commands "Meta version" as done in the tutorial.
Could someone help me? I would really like to get this server working so my friends and I can play together.