I was told to submit this as a question... I've been trying to get rid of my Four Black mushrooms in my stash but I have no clue how to... any help is welcome...I have tried Salvaging them, but can't. I have also attempted to sell them, but that doesn't work. I've tried asking for help on the general chat, but was only told what they were used for. I tried posting it in a Diablo 3 forum, but have not gotten a response... I don't know where I'm supposed to get the other items to create the staff. I have a Diablo 3 game... please help me.
If an item is unsellable and unsalvageable then you can throw it away. You can do this as simply as dragging it from your inventory to the main screen to drop it on the floor and then ignoring it until it goes away. I would assume it will be lost when you reload your game but it may be that progressing through quests or other things will also cause dropped items to disappear - I'm not really sure on that but it will be guaranteed gone by the next time you play the game. :)
With the Black Mushroom you can create the Staff of Herding.
List of requirements for the staff and its upgrades:
Staff of Herding: Requires
- Black Mushroom
- Wirt’s Bell
- Liquid Rainbow
- Gibbering Gemstone
- Leoric’s Shinbone
- a 50,000 gold crafting cost
Nightmarish Staff of Herding: Requires the Staff of Herding and a 200,000 gold crafting cost
Hellish Staff of Herding: Requires the Nightmarish Staff of Herding and a 500,000 gold crafting cost
Infernal Staff of Herding: Requires the Hellish Staff of Herding and a 1,000,000 gold crafting cost
The total cost to craft the final version, the Infernal Staff of Herding, is 1,750,000 gold.
It has also been confirmed that the staff is used to get to the secret level.
Here is a link with a list where all the items can be found.
Black Mushroom is part of the ingredient to create Staff of Herding, you only require 1 so you can just throw the extra away. The staff is use to unlock a secret dungeon in Act 1 called Whimsyshire.
Ingredients to create the staff are as follow:
- Black Mushroom - Found rarely in a room on Cathedral level one, in early Act One.
- Leoric's Shinbone - Found rarely in the fireplace in Leoric's Manor, in late Act One.
- Wirt's Bell - An Act II vendor (Squirt) sells it for 100,000 gold on her Potions and Dyes tab.
- Liquid Rainbow - Spawns in the Mysterious Cave in the Mysterious Chest in the Oasis, Act 2.
- Gibbering Gemstone - Random drop from Chiltara in the Caverns of Frost, Level 2, Act 3.
- Plan: Staff of Herding - To teach the recipe to Haedrig. Drops randomly from Izual, Act 4.
More detail on how to acquire ingredients are here.
On previous version you are able to upgrade the staff to use in different difficulty, however with current update is not necessary anymore nor can you upgrade it.