As user319078 says, the instructions at http://www.controlcommandescape.com/reviews/planescape-torment-review/ will work:
- Download our mod compilation pack, which contains all the mods listed above as of 6 August 2012, and unzip it.
- Right-click on the Planescape Torment application, and choose
Show Package Contents.
- Double-click on the
drive_c shortcut, and from there go to
Program Files/GOG Games/Planescape Torment/
- Copy all the files and folders from the compilation pack (from within the pstmods folder) here.
- Go back to the Planescape Torment application and double-click it whilst holding down the option key.
- From the window that opens, click “Advanced”, then “Browse”.
- From the file browser, go to Program Files/GOG Games/Planescape Torment and choose the
Setup-PST-Fix.exe file, then click
- Double-click the Planescape Torment application. A text window will pop up, follow the prompt to set your language and other options (it can take a while to patch some of the files).
- Repeat steps 5-8 for the files
Setup-PST-Tweak.exe (you can probably skip this one if you’ve never played the game before),
setup-widescreen.exe (you’ll need to enter your screen resolution for this mod),
Setup-GhostDog’s-PST-UI.exe (setting text to 80% bigger works well for HD resolutions). If at any point the icon just bounces in the dock, force-quit it a couple of times and try again (or logout and back in and try again).
- Double-click the Planescape Torment application whilst holding down the option key, click
Advanced and go to
Program Files/GOG Games/Planescape Torment and choose the
torment.exe file, then click
- You can now play the game normally.
It's worth noting that there's actually a Mac version of some of the mods, such as the widescreen mod, although it is not code-signed, and in any case I couldn't get it to work.
But for every other mod, you can try the following approach:
- Download the specific mod you want to use. For this example, I'll use the Ghostdogs_PST_UI_mod_v2.01.7z (although at the time of writing, that site appears to be down)
- Extract the files from the mod archive (The Unarchiver works)
- Right-click on
Planscape Torment (sic) and choose
Show Package Contents
- Double-click the
drive_c alias and browse to
GOG Games/Planescape Torment
- Copy or move the extracted files into that folder, making a note of the name of the file with the
exe extension (
- Click the back button in Finder a couple of times, so that you're back inside the
Planscape Torment.app folder.
Advanced and then the
Tools tab, and then
Command Line Shell
- In the window that appears, type
cd "..\..\GOG Games\Planescape Torment"
- Type the name of the mod exe file (
Setup-GhostDog's-PST-UI.exe) and press
- Follow the prompts, if there are any (refer to other mod guides for specific options)
- Repeat for any other mods
- Close all the windows
- Run the game as normal
If something hangs, click
Kill Wineskin Processes in the
Wineskin Advanced window and try again
As an added bonus, it's probably worth updating the Wineskin wrapper while you're at it.