I'm an 85 Discipline Priest with mana troubles healing heroics. I was wondering how mana regen works exactly.
It used to be like this
- You regenerated mana at certain a rate (based on Spirit and MP5).
- If you cast a spell, the rate would drop significantly and stay that way until you had not cast a spell for 5 seconds.
- The rate drop would be significant but could be made less awful by Talents, for example the Priest had a "Meditation" talent.
Here's what I think I know about mana regen now
- MP5 is gone.
- Mana regen is only based on Spirit.
- You can mouse over Spirit on the character sheet to see pretty numbers.
- Most (all?) healing specs have a "Meditation" benefit to up mana regen in some ways.
So how does it work?
Does mana regen have anything to do with casting a spell anymore? When will I be regenerating mana at a lower rate? Do I need to stop casting for 5 seconds and then stay that way to regen? Are there any other variables I'm missing?