Last game I played Riki for the first time (yeah, I know! :D). The opposing team had a smart Spirit Breaker who knew how to counter me: charge with dust in his pocket. Due to his superior movement speed and bashes he'd win mano a mano.
During my deaths as well as after the game I reflected on how to counter this, but came up dry. Some things I considered:
- Stop ganking, and either start jungling or try to get my team to go into 5 man dota. This seems silly for a Riki though (to stop ganking).
- Buy a blink dagger. Obviously that doesn't work as I'm getting hit all the time.
- Buy boots of travel and TP out whenever I feel unsafe and/or after ganks. Seems a waste of money (I already had ability-boots) though.
- Use diffusal blade on myself when being charged, hoping this would remove the "charge" debuff. Don't think this was/is working though? Besides: you don't know when you're being ganked. It worked only once to my advantage, to clear the dust debuff, but it seemed tough to pull off.
- BKB to withstand the bashes (does that work?) and just go head to head with him.
Is there any reliable solution to this situation? Can you counter a Spirit Breaker with dust as a Riki?
Note that this was a pub (so rigid team coordination to evade the Spirit Breaker is not really an option, I'm really looking at what I individually can do), at a skill level of 3.2K'ish MMR.