Yesterday, I decided to mix things up a bit in teambuilder and try an irregular support. I decided on Sejuani since she has a little bit of CC (Q and Slows and after Lv6 Ultimate), I thought she'd be able to peel moderately while still dishing out damage.
- Can deal more damage than Leona
- At Lv6 She can shutdown hyper carries that try to go after your ADC or other important targets.
- Ultimate's stun is more reliable as it is slightly faster to stun and it slows just like Leona's ultimate.
- Not quite as tanky as Leona (negligible in my opinion, due to Sej Passive).
- Engaging is slightly more difficult as Sej's Q is shorter range than Leona's E.
- Only one stun (Not huge since Sej's Q knocks up enemies).
My Sej Build (so far):
I start with Relic and just play Passive Aggressive. I avoid taking unnecessary damage until I feel we have an opening then I go in. Fights before Lv.6 haven't gone terribly well, but not awful either. Once I hit Lv.6 it becomes an easy kill every 2 minutes or so. I've even stunned 4/5 enemies and slowed the 5th with Sej ult (something I've never even come close to doing with Leona).
Relic -> Sightstone -> Iceborn Gauntlet -> Randiuns -> Situational items such as MR or Rylai's.
I feel I did really well as Support Sej but obviously this was only against a couple of enemies. Once against Lux/Caitlyn and another against Thresh/Caitlyn. We won both matches, however, I can't help but feel this was solely because both teams had a Yi both games and all I had to do was Ult their Yi and ours would destroy their team.
Question(s): Is it agreeable that Sejuani can support? Are there other Pros/Cons I have missed? Things to keep in mind? Do you think Sej would be viable without using a hyper-carry like Yi?