I tried my best to be the worst dictator in history of Tropico 4.
- I set wages for uneducated to 1, high school educated to 2 and college educated to 3.
- I built not a single housing building, so everyone was living in shacks except for my soldiers and generals
- Not a single church or cathedral
- Not a single garbage dump or pollution-reducing edict
- I declined every faction demand, except when it was something I would have done anyway
- Every criminal got executed without trial
Some positive things I did out of necessity or laziness:
- Soldiers and generals got normal wages - I needed a happy military because of unsurprisingly strong rebel activity
- My military lived in an army base with military modernization, which gave them proper housing and health care
- I had some entertainment, but priced in a way that only the army could afford them
- I built one (1) clinic, because critical specialists dieing due to bad health care became a problem
- I had proper food supply to prevent important workers from starving
- I admit that I had a grade school, high school and college - I needed these to qualify people for my army and some administrative buildings.
- I had some police - executing criminals got tedious
- Some media buildings because the campaign goals required them. I didn't bother to demolish them after the goals were reached
I was following this strategy in campaign missions 13, 14 and 16 and expected that elections might become problematic, but to my surprise people still kept voting for me. Even though I didn't even bother to have a campaign speech or do election fraud I still got over two thirds of the votes.
What else could I do wrong so I need to actually put in some effort to win an election?