This question already has an answer here:
I'm trying to setup a minecraft server: server is on ubuntu comp, client on windows comp.
1) On my.public.ip.adress I can't play: java.net.connectException: connection refused: no further information:18.104.22.168:25565
2) On 192.168.1.40(similar server's IP) it works, can play on LAN
So problem must be port forwarding:
3) tried the 25565 but also tried with another one.
4) on router i've set: NAT/virtualServers/add ----> 25565,25565,TCP/UDP,25565,25565,192.168.1.40 also NAT/Port Triggering ----> 25565,25565,TPC/UDP,25565,25565.
5) at canyouseeme.org it CAN see my service at 22.214.171.124:25565, it's visible.
6) at server's config file set: online mode:true/false both don't work
7) server's logs don't show any attempt of connection, problem must be on the router side.
EDIT: window's firewall desactivated. still don't work