Are there any gameplay differences between the current Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Brawl? For example, did they get rid of tripping, or is still a mechanic in Super Smash?
There are a few major new/changed mechanics that we currently know of:
- Random tripping has been removed; forced tripping is still in.
- You cannot grab a character if you've thrown them in the last second (no chaingrabs).
- There is no longer a difference in edge actions upon reaching 100% damage.
- Edgehogging has been removed; instead, the incoming character will steal the edge from the current occupant.
- It appears that swimming has been removed; characters will just fall through water as in Melee.
- Directional influence has been revamped. In previous games, you could change the angle of your knockback by holding perpendicular to it. In SSB4, you instead add a vector in your holding direction, which can alter both your angle and your distance.
- Characters at high damage deal slightly more knockback.