I was trying to get the Minecraft mod "Minecraft Is To Easy" (MITE) for Mac and can't get it to work. I tried following these steps, http://mecodegoodsomeday.wordpress.com/2014/03/30/installing-mite-minecraft-is-too-easy-mod-on-macos/
- I would download MITE, unzip the file.
- paste the 1.6.4-MITE folder into the minecraft "versions" folder.
- copy the version 1.6.4.jar into the 1.6.4-MITE folder, rename it to "1.6.4-MITE.jar".
- unarchive the 1.6.4-MITE.jar then paste the contents of the "class" folder (that was was inside the 1.6.4-MITE folder) into the unarchived 1.6.4-MITE.jar and keep duplicates.
- delete the META-INF folder.
- turn the unarchived 1.6.4-MITE.jar back into a .jar using the terminal.
Then I would run Minecraft and click "Edit Profile" and change the version to 1.6.4-MITE and click play. Minecraft would run but nothing would be changed except that it was now running version 1.6.4, when it should of been running 1.6.4-MITE.