I've heard that not all skins in CS:GO have the ability to come in as a StatTrak . Is this true? If yes, which skins are StatTrak able?
Here're the details:
- All StatTrak skins must be obtained from a weapon case. This means that weapon drops through normal gameplay do not have StatTrak variants.
- This means that weapons that come from a collection that isn't from a case (the Assault collection, the Nuke collection, the Inferno collection, etc.) will not have StatTrak variants.
- As to why the other answer was wrong: there is no guaranteed chance at getting a StatTrak variant. In TF2, a Strange weapon is a guaranteed Strange, but the same does not apply in CS:GO.
- Additionally, for knives (just like for guns), StatTrak variants can be unboxed.
Skins in CS:GO can be obtained in 3 different methods:
1. Through random drops;
2. Uncrating, where you use a key to open a case, or;
3. Trading or through Steam Community Market transactions.
These skins come in 8 different qualities, namely:
1. White (Common) - Consumer grade
2. Light blue (Uncommon) - Industrial grade
3. Darker blue (Rare) - Mil-spec
4. Purple (Mythical) - Restricted
5. Pinkish purple (Legendary) - Classified
6. Red (Ancient) - Covert
7. Gold (Exceedingly Rare) - ★ Melee Weapons
8. Light Brown (Immortal) - Contraband (discontinued)
These skins also come in 3 different types (from Counter-Strike Wiki):
In the Steam Market and in-game inventory, all general skins have a white border around the preview icon, while knives are bordered with Purple, the StatTrak™ weapons with Orange, Souvenir weapons with Yellow, and self-made Prototype skins with Green.
The exterior quality of the skins can also differ:
1. Factory New
2. Minimal Wear
It can be noted that StatTrak™ weapons can only come from cases, or by trading. Thus, it is impossible to get StatTrak™ weapons from drops. Skins with Souvenir type do not also have StatTrak™ variations.
For a complete list of skins without StatTrak™ variations, visit this website:
List of CS:GO Skins