How do I use commands to change/repair the durability of items? For example, on my vanilla server, donors get an durability 99999/99999 renamed diamond pickaxe (with all enchantments on it). But how do I set it to the durability specified?

If possible, use only one command and use /give.

Thank you.

[Minecraft 1.8.1]

  • Check out this question - it's about a diamond sword and sword enchantments but you should be able to change it to reference a pick and the enchantments you want. gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/192305/… – Johonn Nov 28 '14 at 15:45
  • I am not asking "how to enchant". I am asking for changing durability without enchantments. – 54D Nov 28 '14 at 16:32
  • Then consider rewording your question. You asked "But how do I set it to unbreaking?" which to me means "How do I put an unbreaking enchantment on it?" – Johonn Nov 28 '14 at 17:14
  • As far as I can tell, there is no way to edit/change durability in Vanilla. What specifically do you want to accomplish? – Johonn Nov 28 '14 at 17:21

You can use the /give command to create an item with a certain amount of durability by entering a damage value after the quantity. For example, to give a diamond pickaxe that has been used 50 times (1511 durability remaining), use this command:

/give @p diamond_pickaxe 1 50

The /give command also allows you to give items with NBT data, including the Unbreaking tag. To give a diamond pickaxe that will never break, use this command:

/give @p diamond_pickaxe 1 0 {Unbreakable:1}
| improve this answer | |

Well, the easiest way is to do /give @p (item) 1 (then the durability) you may have to play around with this but in your way you can do:

#/give @p diamond_pickaxe 1 11560

This command will say that the durability is -9999 however, this means that the pick will go up to 0 to break. which leaves 9999 uses!

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.