Just like a normal Minecraft player, I go onto servers and play with friends.
But wait. When I join, my skin does not show up.
I am on a 1.8 server and nobody can see my skins. Please help someone.
I'm not going to bother writing a new answer for this:
I literally copy-pasted my answer from here
(With the exception of the strike-through on reasons that does not apply for this version of MC; 1.8)
Here are eight possible reasons why your skin isn't showing:
- Your skin has not refreshed yet.
You never had a skin prior to the UUID update, which changes the way skins are stored (If you're playing any versions prior to 1.7)
- You're not using a legal version of Minecraft, and therefore - Your skin isn't registered to your account.
- The server you're playing on has
online-mode=false. (Set to offline mode; no authentication)
- You changed your
char.pngfile within the minecraft.jar and not uploaded it to your minecraft profile.
- You've uploaded it to your http://minecraft.net profile, but it's the WRONG dimensions (bigger than 64x64 pixels)
- You're playing in offline mode.
- None of you have an internet connection.
For #1, you'll just have to wait.
For #2, there's nothing you can do.
For #3, buy the game!
For #4, you should consider playing on servers that only allow 'premium'/paid users.
For #5, you should probabally log into http://minecraft.net.
For #6, you'll have to scale it down. Sorry :/ Unless you get the HD skins mod.
For #7, go online!!! (Same goes for your brothers)
For #8, you'll need to be connected to the internet in order to retrieve skins.