I'm trying to offload some stuff that I don't really need to keep on drives to some barrels, and I'm using storage interfaces to do it. I managed to get quite a few things that I'll need eventually from running quarries off my drives for now, so I have the convenience of moving the barrels around as needed until I actually need the stuff.
This is what I did:
- Put storage buses on each barrel, connected them, made sure they came online
- Put one of each item I want to send to barrels in its respective barrel
- Configured the buses using the barrel inventory, set the priority for it higher than the drive
This works, but only stuff that comes into the system after doing that ends up in the barrels. I want my AE system to put what it has on the drive in the barrels, and I can't figure out an easy way to make it do that. In order to coax it, I did the following:
- Partitioned a drive just to accept the items I want put in the barrels
- Put the drive in an I/O port, set to export items
- Put the drive back in the I/O port, set to import items
- Items ended up in barrels as expected
However this is a pain, as I have almost a hundred different types I want to move to simpler storage. Is there no way to poke my system into just dumping what it has on the drives into storage bus connected inventories without going through the hassle of taking the stuff out of the system entirely and then putting it back? Do I really need to use export buses first, and then replace them with storage buses?
I've tried fiddling with the bus controls, setting them to export only, etc - nothing seems to trigger my system into saying "Oh look, here's a place to put [item], let's put all of that there" - and that's what I'm trying to accomplish.
(AE2 on 1.7.10 / DW20 FTB Server)