Yesterday I kludged my way around chamber 6 in The Itch. What I did:
- Obtain a cube, blocking it from emancipation with the wall
- Extend bridge ahead of turrets
- Once 'safely' through the emancipation grid keep a portal on the back side of the chamber
- Portal the cube on the other side of the room
- Now I can't setup the antiturret bridge again, so via trial and death I try and launch the cube as far as I can without being mowed down.
- Eventually I manage to push the cube on the button, not on the side with legs, and back out in the nick of time
- I move along
This must be suboptimal, and the... supervisor points out that surely there must be a better way. It then agrees there isn't, but in context that means very little.
Is there a better way, or is GLaDOS that sadistic?