3

I plan to raise a Togekiss with Serene Grace. Togekiss can learn Air Slash which has a 30% chance of making the opponent flinch. I read from Serebii that Serene Grace doubles the chance of the secondary effect occuring, which would make the flinch chance 60%. If I make the Togekiss hold a Razor Fang, which increases flinch chance by 11.7%, will the chance of flinching become 71.7%? Or is Razor Fang's flinching buff also doubled by Serene Grace, making the overall flinch rate 83.4%?

1
  • 2
    I can't find anything about generation 6, but in generation 5 King's Rock/Razor Fang didn't increase the chance of moves which already caused flinching. Commented Feb 16, 2015 at 12:39

1 Answer 1

1

According to Bulbapedia:

Serene Grace boosts the 10% flinch chance due to King's Rock or Razor Fang to 20%.

But as Studoku commented, in generation 5 Razor Fang increased the chance of causing the target Pokémon to flinch when using a move that deals damage and does not already have a chance to flinch.

It's reasonable to think this has not changed in generation 6.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .