My SSD went belly up, but I managed to salvage my GTA V saves. However, when I place them in my profile folder (C:/Users/:User:/Documents/Rockstar Games/GTA V/Profiles/:Profile:), as per this question, GTA doesn't seem to recognize the save. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong or how to fix, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
For me, it works this way:
You have 2 files for 1 savegame, for example: SGTA50000 SGTA50000.bak
You need both of them in the folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles\SC_NUMBER). Try deleting all older savegames.
Restart the game and click on "Story Mode", the save will load automatically.
If this doesn't work:
- Backup the "Rockstar Games" folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Rockstar Games\)
- Delete the whole Rockstar Games folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Rockstar Games\) => This is safe, I also did that. But your game settings will be gone if you don't back it up.
- Restart the game, the folder will be re-created new with all the needed data.
- Put your newest savegame-files into the folder (both files): C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles\SC_NUMBER\
- Restart and try again.
Hey there this will work for sure:
- List item
- Go to local disk C
- Now click on view option from the toolbar
- Or jus press alt+v+h+h
- Now you will see a folder hidden named
- Open it. Find
- Open it. You will see a folder
- Open it and you will have 2 folders
- Choose a folder similar to this:
271590(or it may be different).
- Now paste your new save game here