On Xbox 360 and PS4 I can use my keyboard for entering passwords and navigating the dashboard. (Xbox 360 only works with plain USB keyboards, as I found out.) I have been unable to make my keyboards work with the Xbox One yet. What do I need to do?
It should work according to the operating system versions and system updates page which I just stumbled over:
OS version: 6.2.10542 (xb_rel_1402.140213-0115) fre
Release date 2/14/2014
New or updated features
- Update to My game & apps to allow sorting of games and application lists, and separate queue lists for games, applications, and installs.
- Ability to delete game and application saved data.
- Improved installation and DLC management.
- Addition of the controller battery power indicator.
- Improved UI for accessing friends, achievements, messages, and party chat.
- Game DVR app to be included in the Xbox OneGuide as an app channel.
- Update to the boot progress indicators for system update.
- Improve consistency of UX for update and install progress.
- Separate game, application, and install queue lists.
- Addition of USB keyboard support.
Stability and performance update
- Improved NAT detection.
- Network Troubleshooter improvements.
- Blu-ray quality improvements.
- Significant performance and stability improvements.